About Clonwilliam House
Clonwilliam is the ultimate dream-wedding location. Many attempt to emulate, but no-one comes close. Accepted by industry insiders as being unique without direct competitors, Clonwilliam is Ireland’s most exclusive wedding venue. These are some of the reasons why:
- It has intentionally dedicated itself solely to a very small number of handpicked luxury weddings and events each year, devoting the highest possible standards to each of them. No other luxury venue in Ireland purposely focuses all its attention on such a small number of exclusive events each year.
- It is a wholly private estate, available as a whole hire only, strictly private and personal to you. It is not a hotel or guesthouse and is not open to the public in any other way or for any other reason. It is significantly more private than any other private wedding venue in Ireland, because its attention is not divided by any other activity.
- It is utterly beautiful, with each room of the house exuding tasteful Georgian loveliness and classical elegance, the beautiful stone banqueting barn and stables steeped in the rustic charm of a fairylit wonderland, and each vista in every direction around the estate offering wonderful opportunities for the picture-perfect photograph.
- It is perfectly located, situated in one of the most picturesque parts of Ireland, less than an hour from Dublin, with a spectacular drop-dead view high up over a canopy of uninterrupted woodland, surrounded by grounds that make you feel you are somehow lost in time, strewn with old iron railings and mossy steps, fern-filled dells and wispy meadows.
- It is fully staffed, event-managed & equipped – significantly different from other private wedding venues – with your own butler, household, wedding coordination staff and fine-dining caterer, with everything organised in advance down to the finest detail, and with all facilities, equipment, logistics & décor options already in place. All you have to do is tell us how you want it to be. And arrive!
- It is the epitome of luxury, bringing together the best of fine dining, crisp linens, immaculate rooms and five-star service, Clonwilliam is the perfect example of an elegant country manor.
- It is the true antithesis of the conveyor-belt wedding venue. Unspoilt, unrushed. No check-in times, no check-out times, no breakfast times, no curfew. Arrive as early as you like. Have your wedding on any day you choose. Party for as late as you are able!
- It is warmly personal, being that wonderful mix of impressive backdrop to your day while at the same time feeling homely, comfortable and relaxed. With chatelaine Miriam Clune at the helm and the core household management team of the formidable Elaine and the legendary Gerry by her side, the staff of Clonwilliam genuinely care about your day as much as you do. This is not the professional, anonymous hospitality of a hotel: This is much better described as old-fashioned Irish familial warmth.
Driving up the tree-lined avenue is like stepping back in time to a more romantic, gentler world. It is hard not to get poetic about the magic of this place, hard not to fall in love with the romance of it.
There have been many old love stories forged amongst the bluebells here, hidden in the dappled sunlight, carved into its ancient trees.
Maybe, if the stars align, you too might write your own love story in this valley.